Photography is a powerful element capable of communicating our unique brand identity. Great care should be taken when creating and selecting imagery that represents Louisiana Tech.
The University’s brand imagery is engaging, colorful, emotional, and provides a vision of who we are and what we do at Louisiana Tech. The Tenets of Tech are the cornerstone of our institution’s culture, and brand imagery successfully weaves these guiding principles into the subject matter.
Implementing this style of branded photography will connect the University’s units visually and further raise awareness of the institution as a whole. Consistency amplifies our impact. We want people to see a style that is distinctive, so they notice Louisiana Tech more and more.
The quintessential brand image is one that considers the following creative aspects:
- A natural white balance, so that skin tones look as close to what the naked eye sees.
- Vibrant colors, with an emphasis on Loyal Blue when possible.
- A level horizon, rarely if ever skewed, creating a sense of sophistication and order.
- Rich shadows and highlights filled with detail.
- A documentary-style approach, focused on candid moments and storytelling.
- Staged portraits and photos in classrooms or laboratories aim to capture personality and engage the viewer.
- People of varying races, genders, and interests, because we are a diverse and inclusive community.